I am currently putting together all the pictures and videos of the trip. I didn’t realize we took over 300 pictures! Needless to say, there are alot of fantastic stories to share, and we will be doing so all week.
Below, is the brief list of things that we were able to accomplish while we tackled New York. But, in all honesty, our favorite moments were when we were walking around the city, and eating a ridiculous amount of great food and good wine. It was a week of just enjoying each others company, and appreciating all the fantastic food, the fascinating people, and bustling surroundings. That is what New York is all about, right? Seriously, I actually think we ate our way through New York, and Nikki is convinced that I ate anything with a Truffle in it…and she isn’t too far off! (*the truffle mac n’cheese at the Rockefeller Center Cafe are to die for*)
The first night we arrived, I asked Nikki what she truly felt about what was happening. Her response will forever be imprinted on my heart. For Nikki, this is not the end game. This trip is hopefully the start of so much more.
“Dying is not the end of you. It can actually be the beginning of alot of amazing things. Things you never payed attention to before. It makes everything clear. How you want to spend your time, and more importantly, how you don’t want to spend it. It honestly filters out all of the bullshit. “
- Ice Skated at Rockefeller Center Ice Rink – *it must be noted that we both fell, and I have it caught on camera!*
- Visited the set of Saturday Night Live (and stood on the stage!)
- Saw the Broadway show Wicked
- Take the subway to visit Williamsburg, Brooklyn
- Sang Broadway show tunes at Marie’s Crisis in the West Village
- Walked around Soho and saw Jake Gyllenhaall *squeeee*
- Favorite meal in New York City was the Belgin restaurant Resto
- Saw a late night show at the Comedy Celler
- Watched a blues band at GrooveNYC in Greenwich Villiage
- Walked (and ate) our way around Times Square, the Upper East Side, Lower East Side, and the Theatre District.
- Nikki got to have her favorite Dunken Donuts coffee